Monday, 25 March 2013

Thoughts on Final Cut

These are my personal thoughts to my groups final cut:

We thought the choice of music was very relevant and fits in well with the sequence, however, we felt like we could have made the music ourselves to get more marks.

We are aware that the opening sequence is over a minute past the maximum expectancy. I tried cutting parts from the film and making scenes shorter, and I managed to take out a minute but that was all.

I felt like we could have improved the mise-en-scene and camera shots as some of the clothes our character was meant to wear ended up being scrapped because we couldn't get them in time for filming. We could have been more creative and added more camera shots from different angles to decrease the chance of continuous takes.

I felt like the editing went well as we used a unique transition from the sequence to the title of the film.

Overall, I think even though there were some problems with filming and the sequence was not 100% what we hoped, I think our sequence was well edited and put together making an acceptable attempt at an opening sequence to a horror film.

No comments:

Post a Comment